Monday, February 27, 2012

Urchins, while Swimming by Cat Valente live in Podcastle

A wonderful story by Cathrynne M. Valente was given to me to narrate for Podcastle . It's a wonderful modern version of the Rusalka story about a river nymph who entices men into the water.

There are lots of Russian names in the story and a lullaby to sing 3 times, by3 different female characters. I loved this story. It rolled right of the tongue despite the Russian (which I don't speak and don't know the rules of pronunciation for) and is beautifully written. It packs a bit of an emotional punch too. I hope you enjoy it!

Here's the link: Urchins, While Swimming
Or download it at iTunes.

-----

2 comments:

Me said...

I just finished listening to this story and came strait to your site to find more of your voice. I enjoyed the story but was thoroughly entranced by your singing. I doubt any Rusalka could have a voice so alluring.

Thank you,

Michael

Diane Severson said...

Why, thank you, Michael! I really appreciate your comments and hope you enjoy the singing my blog leads you to! Thanks for visiting!