Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poem In Your Pocket Day - April 14, 2011

--------------

Today is Poem In Your Pocket Day!!

Or rather was. For me anyway, it's over. But if you are reading this on 14 April 2011, it may not be too late for you to participate! Go and find a poem you like and print it out. Carry it around with you and read it to anyone you think might even vaguely appreciate it. Go to Poets.org if you are at a loss!

Do you already have a poem in your pocket? What is it? I'd like to read it!

I carried "Singing" by Robert Louis Stevenson from A Child's Garden of Verses and on the other side of the page "Leise Lieder sing ich dir bei Nacht" by Christian Morgenstern, for my German friends. I read them both to my German playgroup mothers. They loved it. They also thought it was wonderful that America celebrates such things. The cynic in me said, "Yes, well America celebrates everything!" And while that may be true that there is a Day For Everything, I don't think it is a bad thing per se. And I quite liked the idea of Poem in Your Pocket Day.

----------

3 comments:

TANYA NATAZSHA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
administrador said...

nice blog.. very nice......

from Cuba.....
I hope you'll also visit mine too.....

Diane Severson said...

Thanks for visiting!! Unfortunately, my Spanish is almost nonexistent...